Posted by Mae Kowalke on Monday, December 14, 2015 with No comments
Although virtualized customer premises equipment (vCPE) has been deployed for years, related terminology and definitions are dynamic, creating some confusion. But, fundamentally, it's not a new technology; many service providers are using vCPE as their primary strategy. How do these deployments look in the real world? That was the main topic of discussion during the "NFV-Based Virtual CPE Strategies & Deployment Options For Enhancing CE 2.0 Services and Supporting Service Innovation" panel at MEF's GEN15 event.
vCPE got its start when routing was removed to make sure that Layer 2 endpoints could map QoS properly, the goal being to maintain priority of service and H-QoS from end to end. Today, dynamic services are the main fruit of vCPE initiatives.
Watch the panel discussion video for an in-depth look at vCPE including how it helps providers maintain their differentiation by delivering assured, dynamic services within the MEF Carrier Ethernet service lifecycle framework.
- Video - Accedian at GEN15: ‘Router Toss’ Game Highlights Growth of vCPE
- White Paper - vCPE: Virtually Accommodating the A-List Drivers
- Webinar Replay - Router Bypass: Using NFV to Deliver Enterprise Services
- Case Study - WOW! Business
- Video - Put Routers in Their Place
- Web Page - Put Routers in Their Place